The ILCNSCA is seeking a talented and dedicated Peer Guide to join our team. Our Peer Guides provide the core services of the Independent Living Mission.
As a Peer Guide you will:
- Provide Information & Referral services to people living with disabilities in our community.
- Provide intake and assessment of eligibility for agency support services.
- Provide peer counseling and independent living skills training services to people living with disabilities.
- Engage in community and legislative advocacy to improve community accessibility and inclusion.
- Support people with disabilities to transition from and/or avoid living in a nursing home.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Services, a related field, or equivalent life experience.
- Person with disability and/or with skills necessary to establish effective peer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office word processing and email applications.
- Responsible for own transportation.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is desired to provide services to customers who speak English and/or Hispanic languages.
- Must be committed to Independent Living Philosophy and the IL paradigm.
This is a full-time (35 hour), benefited position.
ILCNSCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons with disabilities, women, and persons of color to apply for these positions.