Employment Classification: APAB Volunteer Surveyor
Work Site: ILCNSCA Office and businesses throughout North Shore and Cape Ann
Supervision: Deputy Director and Access IL Peer Guide, and at times from the Data and Operations Manager
General Statement of Duties: Arrange and conduct accessibility surveys in the community according to the APAB program procedures. Demonstrate professional conduct, and promote and preserve Independent Living philosophy and consumer control
- Participate in training to complete the Business Survey forms and to develop competence with the measuring tools.
- Contact local businesses in the community, as assigned.
- Coordinate and complete APAB surveys with assigned businesses.
- Assist with Community Education public presentations to businesses.
- Enter survey data into APAB online data portal.
- Seek supervision and training as needed.
- Follow the ILCNSCA volunteer program procedures
- Follow all ILCNSCA policies, especially with regards to confidentiality and privacy.
- Person with disability and/or with skills necessary to establish effective peer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer literate in internet and email applications.
- Commitment and skills to work as part of ILCNSCA team.
- Responsible for own transportation.
- Must be committed to Independent Living Philosophy
- Must be able to complete training and demonstrate competency post training in APAB.
None, at times a stipend of $50 per completed surveys
Flexible around meeting/training times, and businesses being surveyed needs.
- Become part of the ILCNSCA team
- Increase skill set as a disability rights advocate
- Receive training on State and Federal accessibility regulations
- Learn how to conduct accessibility surveys of local businesses including restaurants, movie theaters, office businesses, medical facilities and more.
- Receive a stipend (if available) for completed surveys
Independent Living Center of the North Shore and Cape Ann, Inc. (ILCNSCA) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ILCNSCA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ILCNSCA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ILCNSCA's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are interested in becoming an APAB Volunteer Surveyor please email email@example.com expressing your interest.